Here is the latest info on the Memorial Day weekend.
A. Memorial Day Wkend, Sat & Sun, May 24, 25th, 2008.
1. Poker Run, Sat, May 24. Muster in the Whaler parking lot, (in Muldoon), 11:15A-11:44A.
Depart 11:45A. The run is open to all, & it will end at LZ Easy, (Cache Creek Bar), mi 114.5,
Parks Hghy. 1st stop will be BIG DAN’s in Burchwood.
2. There will be an all weekend party at the LZ. Everyone is welcome. Tent camping, as well
as a few RV spots, & Hotel rooms may be available in the local area.
3. Sun, May 25th. We will be leaving the LZ at approx 12:30P & head to mi 134, Mary’s McKinley
View Lodge. We will muster between 13:00P & 13:29P. We will depart in formation, “Rolling
Thunder”, at approx. 1:30p & arrive at the State Veterans Memorial, mi 147, at approx., 1:50P.
The Services will start at approx. 2P.
4. After the Services plan on stopping at LZ Easy, mi 114.5, for a free BBQ, hosted by Dave
of the Cache Creek Bar, approx 3:30P.
B. Memorial Day Mon, May 26th.
1. We will Muster at 11th & I, between 9:00A-9:27A. We will depart at approx 9:28A, in a ,”Rolling
Thunder”, formation, arriving at the Anchorage Veterans Memorial at approx 9:30A.
2. There will be a formal Ceremony at the National Veterans Cemetery on Ft Rich.
3. I’m sure many will want to go to the Living” Wall of Honor” in Wasilla. I do not have any info yet,
but will foreword it when I do. I expect the start time will be between Noon & 2P.
I will send future updates as they happen.
I still cannot receive e-mails,—-so-sorry!!! If U need to talk to me my # is 775-FRED.
LOVE, HONOR, AND RESPECT
VIET NAM VETS M/C, ALASKA USA
You must log in to post a comment.