Your State Motorcycle Rights Organization!
We are the volunteer organization advocating for
your motorcycle rights, training, and education!
|Please Click Here to Join!||Please Click Here To Renew or Update!|
ABATE of Alaska has proudly offered
Motorcycle Safety classes since 1991
Motorcycle Safety classes are now
open for the 2020 rider education season!
Ask about our NEW COURSE OFFERINGS!
Basic and Experienced Rider classes are NOW OPEN for the 2020 season and will continue through the entire summer ending mid-September depending on weather.
Please click here for more information about rider courses
or call Alaska Leather at 907-562-2324.
Covid-19 Scheduling Information
The schedule, pricing, and available dates are kept
up to date in real time on our Learn to Ride Alaska website.
Are you already scheduled for a class?
Scheduled students will get emailed updates if there are changes!
May is Motorcycle Awareness Month!
May is Motorcycle Awareness month and you can help us by spreading the word! A.B.A.T.E. of Alaska will be placing some ads and PSA’s talking about motorcycle awareness. Also, because A.B.A.T.E. of Alaska is a non-profit, we encourage you to make a donation and/or to join A.B.A.T.E. of Alaska. Due to the situation in Alaska with COVID-19, we are still under official “hunker-down” and social distancing mandates! Our annual Gathering at the Bike Blessing has been impacted. Here’s a video of A.B.A.T.E. of Alaska’s Facebook Live Press Conference for the Gathering at the Bike Blessing!
Here’s a video about our Riding Courses
courtesy of Steve Stripling and the Big Alaska Show!
Local Motorcycle Events
John ‘Farmer’ Eggers 1990
- ABATE stands for — Alaska Bikers Advocating Training and Education.
- ABATE works for you, the motorcycle enthusiast.
- ABATE is a not-for-profit organization registered in the state of Alaska.
- ABATE is a neutral organization that allows ALL riders to unite in brotherhood to safeguard our rights and still remain individuals with differing views.
- ABATE of Alaska believes that all motorcyclists are brothers with a common interest….
Though most motorcycle organizations are formed as structured riding groups where friends and family gather to have fun and socialize, A.B.A.T.E. of Alaska Inc. was founded with the mission of educating Alaska about our motorcycle community and Training Alaska’s motorcycle community. We accomplish this by:
- Encouraging motorcycle awareness by working with our federal, state, and local agencies as well as concerned individuals to establish motorcycle awareness campaigns each summer. Most importantly, May is our Motorcycle Awareness Month campaign for which we are asking all motorists to watch out for motorcycles and share our roads.
- Providing the ABATE Rider Education Program. Proudly offering motorcycle riding classes since 1991, we have trained over 16,000 people. This program trains riders of different skill levels to ride defensively and safely on Alaskan roads. Upon successful completion of one of our courses a completion card is issued that is accepted by DMV to waive further testing and receive your motorcycle endorsement. ABATE is also authorized by DMV to administer the state’s endorsement test for those riders who do not wish to take a safety course.
ABATE strongly believes in individual freedom and protecting our rights to ride by working within the legislative and regulatory process. Our goal is to keep motorcycling free from unjust and unwarranted laws and to promote those that benefit motorcyclists. ABATE believes that a safer rider is more beneficial than a “safer crash”…In other words “Education, not legislation”
Finally, like all motorcycle organizations, we do enjoy the camaraderie of friends and family. As such we support the runs of others and even have a few of our own to say thanks to our members and supporters. I extend my personal invitation to you to attend one of our events and just have a good time with some good people.
YOU CAN HELP ABATE OF ALASKA EARN DONATIONS JUST BY SHOPPING WITH YOUR FRED MEYER REWARDS CARD!
Fred Meyer is donating $2.5 million per year to non-profits in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington, based on where their customers tell them to give. Here’s how the program works:
- Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to ABATE of Alaska at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. You can search for us by our name or by our non-profit number JD874.
- Then, every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping ABATE of Alaska earn a donation!
- You still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates, just as you do today.
- If you do not have a Rewards Card, they are available at the Customer Service desk of any Fred Meyer store.
- For more information, please visit www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards.