Your State Motorcycle Rights Organization!
Are you a member?
If Not, Please Click Here to Join!
If You Are, Please Click Here To Renew!
ABATE of Alaska has proudly offered
Motorcycle Safety classes since 1991
Motorcycle Safety class registration is now
open for the 2018 rider education season!
Basic and Experienced classes begin the last weekend in April 2018 and continue through the entire summer ending mid-September depending on weather.
Check here for more information as the new season progresses!
Please click here for more information about rider courses.
The 2017 ABATE of Alaska Gathering at the Bike Blessing
courtesy of Geoff Oliver!
Local Motorcycle Events
Did we miss an event? Email us at email@example.com
John ‘Farmer’ Eggers 1990
ABATE stands for — Alaskan Bikers Advocating Training and Education.
ABATE works for you, the motorcycle enthusiast.
ABATE is a not-for-profit organization registered in the state of Alaska.
ABATE is a neutral organization that allows ALL riders to unite in brotherhood to safeguard our rights and still remain individuals with differing views.
ABATE of Alaska believes that all motorcyclists are brothers with a common interest….
Though most motorcycle organizations are formed as structured riding groups where friends and family gather to have fun and socialize, A.B.A.T.E. of Alaska Inc. was founded with the mission of educating Alaska about our motorcycle community and Training Alaska’s motorcycle community. We accomplish this by:
- Encourage motorcycle awareness by working with both state and local agencies as well as concerned individuals to establish motorcycle awareness campaigns each summer. Most importantly May is our Motorcycle Awareness Month campaign: asking all motorists to watch out for motorcycles and share our roads.
- Providing the ABATE Rider Education Program. Proudly offering motorcycle riding classes since 1991, we have trained over 16,000 people. This program trains riders of different skill levels to ride defensively and safely on Alaskan roads. Upon successful completion of one of our courses a completion card is issued that is accepted by DMV to waive further testing and receive your motorcycle endorsement. ABATE is also authorized by DMV to administer the state’s endorsement test for those riders who do not wish to take a safety course.
ABATE strongly believes in individual freedom and protecting our rights to ride by working within the legislative and regulatory process. Our goal is to keep motorcycling free from unjust and unwarranted laws and to promote those that benefit motorcyclists. ABATE believes that a safer rider is more beneficial than a “safer crash”…In other words “Education, not legislation”
Finally, like all motorcycle organizations, we do enjoy the camaraderie of friends and family. As such we support the runs of others and even have a few of our own to say thanks to our members and supporters. I extend my personal invitation to you to attend one of our events and just have a good time with some good people.
YOU CAN HELP ABATE OF ALASKA EARN DONATIONS JUST BY SHOPPING WITH YOUR FRED MEYER REWARDS CARD!
Fred Meyer is donating $2.5 million per year to non-profits in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington, based on where their customers tell them to give. Here’s how the program works:
- Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to ABATE of Alaska at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. You can search for us by our name or by our non-profit number 92866.
- Then, every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping ABATE of Alaska earn a donation!
- You still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates, just as you do today.
- If you do not have a Rewards Card, they are available at the Customer Service desk of any Fred Meyer store.
- For more information, please visit www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards.