Your State Motorcycle Rights Organization!
We are the volunteer organization advocating for
your motorcycle rights, training, and education!
|Please Click Here to Join!||Please Click Here To Renew or Update!|
Motorcycle Events In Alaska
Did we miss an event? Email us at either
“If you don’t belong to your SMRO and the MRF, you’re riding on my gas.”
– John ‘Farmer’ Eggers 1990
- ABATE stands for — Alaska Bikers Advocating Training and Education.
- ABATE works for you, the motorcycle enthusiast.
- ABATE is a not-for-profit organization registered in the state of Alaska.
- ABATE is a neutral organization that allows ALL riders to unite in brotherhood to safeguard our rights and still remain individuals with differing views.
- ABATE of Alaska believes that all motorcyclists are brothers with a common interest….
Though most motorcycle organizations are formed as structured riding groups where friends and family gather to have fun and socialize, A.B.A.T.E. of Alaska Inc. was founded with the mission of educating Alaska about our motorcycle community and Training Alaska’s motorcycle community. We accomplish this by:
- Encouraging motorcycle awareness by working with our federal, state, and local agencies as well as concerned individuals to establish motorcycle awareness campaigns each summer. Most importantly, May is our Motorcycle Awareness Month campaign for which we are asking all motorists to watch out for motorcycles and share our roads.
- Providing the ABATE Rider Education Program. Proudly offering motorcycle riding classes since 1991, we have trained over 16,000 people. This program trains riders of different skill levels to ride defensively and safely on Alaskan roads. Upon successful completion of one of our courses a completion card is issued that is accepted by DMV to waive further testing and receive your motorcycle endorsement. ABATE is also authorized by DMV to administer the state’s endorsement test for those riders who do not wish to take a safety course.
ABATE strongly believes in individual freedom and protecting our rights to ride by working within the legislative and regulatory process. Our goal is to keep motorcycling free from unjust and unwarranted laws and to promote those that benefit motorcyclists. ABATE believes that a safer rider is more beneficial than a “safer crash”…In other words “Education, not legislation”
Finally, like all motorcycle organizations, we do enjoy the camaraderie of friends and family. As such we support the runs of others and even have a few of our own to say thanks to our members and supporters. I extend my personal invitation to you to attend one of our events and just have a good time with some good people.
A.B.A.T.E. of Anchorage
You must be logged in to post a comment.